Promoting the spirit of Innovation and Entrepreneurship amongst the students of B-schools across the country is the objective of Srijan – the Annual Business Plan Contest. This will provide a unique opportunity for budding entrepreneurs to pitch their business ideas with venture capitalists and investors. Srijan is a business plan competition that will enable you to take your ideas to the next level. The viability of your ideas shall be judged, mentors will guide you to improve upon your business plans and you will have a chance to showcase your ideas and B-plans in front of angel investors and venture capitalists.
The event will be conducted through two rounds.
Round 1 is an online round
- The teams need to send a 3-page Executive Summary/Presentation (no restrictions on number of slides) of their business ideas latest by 13 January 2017.
- Team consists of 1- 2 members. Teams must be from the same college/ institution.
- The executive summary /presentation should describe the business concept, market opportunity, competitive advantage and the resources and finances required to execute the idea.
- The file naming convention for the submission will be: "Srijan_Round1_.pdf/ppt"
- All entries must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line for this e-mail must be: "Srijan_Round1_Team Name".
- Plagiarism in any form will lead to disqualification.
Round 2 is a campus round
- After the first round of submission, 7 best entries will be selected in terms of originality and viability of the business plans.
- The selected teams will be assigned mentors for their B-Plans who will guide them for 7 days to streamline their ideas. The participants are required to make optimum utilization of the mentoring process so as to create an appropriately refined B-Plan.
- The teams will then have to be present their ideas in front of jury at VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur on campus.
- Top 2 teams will then be selected basis of innovativeness in their ideas, and the business acumen and holistic vision in their business plans.
- Travel (limited) and stay will be provided to teams qualifying for campus round.
The winning teams will receive prize money and certificates.
- Multiple entries are not allowed
- Open for UG, PG and MBA Students
- A participant should be part of 1 team only
- Team size is limited to maximum of 2 members
- All the participants should be from the same institute
- Any number of teams can participate from a single institute
- Decision of the panel of judges and the organizers shall be final and binding
- All teams are required to register for the event and like the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ECell.VGSoM/
Prizes worth INR 30000!