A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a not-for-profit organization usually funded by charities and undertakes activities related to human rights, environment, health, or development work.
Majority of the NGOs don’t last for a lot of time. This is because on one side number of do-gooders may be rising but most of these organizations face challenges from weak leadership to organizational irrelevance, from inadequate funding to an inability to market themselves to their target audience amidst the socio-economic barriers.
If you think you can do a better job of running a NGO of your own, then this is where you can start with, LBSIM welcomes you to showcase your talent on Relancer-Fostering Humanity.
Start a virtual NGO of your own on a pre-determined theme, decide a social cause your NGO will work for, all the working methodologies, funding strategies and promotions. Each Team will start working on their cause in the following manner :–
- Put on your creative hats and help this young NGO spread its wings by providing it with creative and informative advertising.
- Post the campaign theme on the Sparsh Club FB page and try to get maximum likes and comments. Also spread awareness about the social cause through your own profiles or pages.
- Design posters and increase awareness through campaigning which should be audio- video recorded. You can also connect with an existing NGO for support which will add weight to your overall points tally.
Selection criteria for Round 1
The teams have to submit a proposal and a creative brief which should include the following latest by –2nd Febuary,2017:
- Name of the NGO and the theme
- Marketing Strategies planned to be followed
- A brief of all the methodologies.
Teams which will be shorlisted for 2nd round will have to come for On campus round on 10th and 11th Feb,2017 and the rules for 2nd round will be communicated at the spot.Other considerations to be kept in mind
- Each team to consist of 3 members.
- Cross-college teams are not allowed.
- No limit on the number of teams from each college.
- A person can register as part of only one team for one event.
- The organizer’s decision shall be final in all matters.
Prizes worth 22000/- to be won.