INDIAFRICA: A Shared Future, ever since its inception in 2011 has been engaging the youth in India and Africa through contests, fellowships, collaborative projects, internships, events and cultural exchanges. The programme is multifaceted, with youth being its target audience and has been structured to build up the ecosystem amongst multiple stakeholders such as, institutions, organisations, think-‐tanks, corporates and governments.
Are you under 35 years of age and have a business or social venture idea that can create value and provide an impetus to the industrial or social sector in India and Africa? Participate in this contest to win attractive cash prizes and a chance get recognized at an international platform. Participating teams may have up to four members.
INDIAFRICA Business Venture Contest 2014 is open to students from any discipline in Africa and India between the age of 18-35 years (as on Dec 31, 2014) who are enrolled in colleges and academic institutions.
Theme: Entrepreneurial Solutions to Address Developmental Challenges
- INDIAFRICA Cash Prizes of Rs. 50000 each for the Top 20 teams (10 each from Africa and India)
- Trip to Accra for the Finals for one member each from the Top 8 teams (4 each from Africa and India)
- Trip to Davos during the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2015 for one member each from the African and Indian teams winning Top Honours at the Finals in Accra, Ghana
- Two WOXSEN INDIAFRICA Prizes of Rs. 750,000 each for the First ranked teams from Africa and India from the Finals at Accra, Ghana
- Chance to win The Indian Angel Network INDIAFRICA Prize for one African or Indian team from among the Top 8 – Incubation, Mentoring and Equity Investment in the selected venture
- Chance to win The GSF India INDIAFRICA Prize for one African or Indian technologoy venture from among the Top 8 – for an Investment Committee (IC) review for its Accelerator Programme. If selected by the IC, the venture will receive equity investment and be part of a 10 week accelerator/mentor programme
- Selection for final round of interviews for the unique GSF Global and GSF Impact Accelerator Programmes for deserving African and Indian technology ventures
- The Villgro INDIAFRICA Prize(s) for one or more Indian social impact ventures from among the 8 Finalists – for their Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Social Entrepreneur and Enterprise Development or incubation programmes. The winner(s) will receive intense support in establishing a viable social enterprise, benefitting from business mentorship and networking
- Two Said Business School INDIAFRICA Prizes - Delegate Badges (worth US$ 2250 each) for one African and one Indian finalist to attend the Skoll World Forum 2015 at Oxford, United Kingdom
- 3-year subscription (worth US$2500) to the Oxford Business Group Online Library upon registration
- The africa.com INDIAFRICA Prizes for the top ranked Indian and African teams - US$ 1000 worth of website creation and web management services for one year
Participate and win exciting cash prizes: WOXSEN INDIAFRICA Prize of INR 7,50,000, INDIAFRICA Prize of INR 50,000, equity investment, mentorship, trip to Accra, Ghana, a unique experience at Davos, Switzerland in Jan 2015 and more!