Studying abroad has been the ultimate attraction for students all over the world. Apart from a sturdy educational base, what these universities provide is a wider cultural exposure.
As a result, the students are more globally aware and widely sought for their experience.
While looking to study abroad the biggest hindrance for students has been the expense. The world economy isn’t really soaring, and this affected every individual, including students.
The best way to cover these expenses is scholarships. The increasing cost of education resulted in a drop in students applying to foreign institutions.
In order to increase student footprint, a bunch of new scholarships was launched by the US and UK which offered financial aid to foreign students.
Such encouragement is enough to attract bright young minds from all over the globe. If you are also such a scholarship aspirant, without wasting any time we would like you to check out these steps which could be a major help in your journey for the degree.
Checklist for an International Scholarships and Grants
- The scholarships and grants offered by these universities provide various levels of aid. Some might provide partial aid while others might pay for all your possible expenses. It is crucial for you to find which type will cover your needs.
- Another distinction is between the merit-based scholarships and need-based scholarships. This criterion and many more such differ from college to college. The only way you could be aware of them all is through proper research.
- Understand the type of scholarship you are applying for as each will have a different criteria for selection. The type varies from Government, Universities, Philanthropists, Private organizations, or Research grants.
- Your research and application process shouldn’t wait till the end of your semester. The academic calendar across the world varies, and how.
- Keep yourself updated on it on a regular basis and never miss a deadline as applications sent after a deadline has been crossed rarely get accepted.
Use the internet wisely. Apart from using search engines, visit websites like Dare2Compete which have verified information about scholarships from various organizations and for a wide range of students. Such websites provide all the information under one roof and frees you from the burden of searching all across the web.
- There are many international universities which are need-blind. This means they provide scholarships both on the basis of academic excellence and on financial need. These are a boon for those worrying about segregation and elimination due to lack of a trait.
- Essays are an important part of scholarship applications so brush up on your writing skills. Be original, don’t repeat the prompt, don’t introduce yourself in it and do not use quotes, it kills the originality.
- Volunteer your way ahead. This is a common requirement for scholarships all over the world. Such foundations prefer students who have displayed their leadership and volunteering skills before. Look for such opportunities near you and start volunteering.
Pay attention to the tiniest of details before sending the final application, and don’t forget to apply to a bunch of them. This is more a game of luck, so it is always better to have more options. Most importantly always have faith in yourself.