MDI Gurgaon has always garnered the industry’s interest due to its distinct student demographic, which exhibits diversity in terms of education, past work experience, and gender. Carrying forward the legacy of producing versatile professionals with a holistic outlook, it has continuously proved to be one of the finest B-schools. This is evidenced by the successful year-on-year response in the placement process. Here are the key highlights of the MDI Gurgaon Final Placement 2020.
Key Statistics of MDI Gurgaon Final Placement 2020
- The total number of participating companies: 126
- Companies catering to PGPM, PGP-HRM, and PGP-IM are 97, 36, and 46 respectively
- Median salary: INR 22 LPA
- Average salary: INR 22.05 LPA
- Highest salary: INR 40.50 LPA
- Batch size: 359
Sector-wise recap of MDI Gurgaon Final Placement 2020
Taking a look at PGPM & PGP – IM program, the highest salary was secured by the E-commerce sector. More than 38 percent of the offers were made in BFSI and FMCD/FMCG sector. More than 50 percent of the batch secured a salary of approximately INR 22 LPA. Again in PGP-HRM program, the highest salary was bagged by the E-commerce sector. More than 28 percent of the offers were made in BFSI and Technology, Media & Telecommunication sector.
The segregation of 126 recruiters on the basis of different sectors is as follows:
Function-wise recap of MDI Gurgaon Final Placement 2020
With numerous first-time recruiters pitching in the final placement session for the batch of 2018-2020, MDI Gurgaon welcomed big conglomerates to offer coveted roles to its students.
Operations & Technology
- Top companies like Amazon, Maersk GSC, and Uber offered handsome packages to the students for their coveted roles in the Operations domain.
- Leading organizations such as Delhivery and Ninjacart were some of the first-time recruiters.
General Management & Consulting
- Major conglomerates such as Hinduja Group, JSW Group, and Reliance Industries Ltd. continued to show their trust in MDI’s pool of talent.
- In Consulting, firms like Deloitte USI, McKinsey Digital, and PwC US Advisory participated in the placement drive.
- This function saw engagement with new recruiters such as Compass Group India and Tech Mahindra.
Sales & Marketing
- Airtel and Godrej Industries Ltd. were major recruiters.
- FMCG companies such as Asian Paints, Coca-Cola, ITC Ltd., L’Oréal, Marico and Mars participated in the recruitment process this year as well.
- Big names in the Pharmaceutical sector such as Eli Lilly and Company, Fresenius Medical Care and GSK Pharmaceuticals strengthened MDI’s position in the Healthcare domain.
- FMCG stalwarts like Nestlé and Tata Consumer Products Ltd. were first-time recruiters.
- This domain witnessed continued support from industry, with recruiters such as Aditya Birla Group, Airtel, Amazon, ITC Ltd., Marico, OYO Rooms, and Reliance Industries Ltd. extending offers.
- Multiple new recruiters included Aon Consulting and Hero MotoCorp in the HR domain.
- Investment banking roles were offered by companies such as Goldman Sachs, HSBC STG, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Langham Capital, and Nomura.
- The Finance function initiated relationship with Bank of America, Société Générale and State Street, among others.
- Banking and coveted treasury roles were offered by prominent recruiters such as Axis Bank, HSBC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank, and YES Bank.
- Corporate finance roles were offered by L’Oréal, Mahindra Comviva, Mars and OYO Rooms amongst others.
MDI Final Placement 2020 were closed on a high note where both, industry giants and students were able to establish a mutual synergy. Wishing all the students of the placed batch the very best with their careers.