Students at XLRI Batch 2020 have put in their blood, sweat and tears into the past 2 years. With an outstanding close to the XLRI Final Placement 2020, the batch finally heaves a sigh of relief. The B-school has maintained its 100 percent placement record this year as well. Here are the major highlights of the two-day placement drive:
- It welcomed 108 recruiters with 362 domestic and international lucrative offers.
- The average salary saw an increase of INR 1.95 lakh to INR 24.3 lakh per annum.
- As per the statistics, 43 percent of the batch grabbed pre-placement offers.
- The median salary surged to INR 23 lakh per annum from INR 21 lakh per annum in 2019.
- International offers were blown sky-high with INR 58.5 lakhs per annum from the sales and marketing domain.
- Domestic offers dominated the BFSI sector with INR 50 lakh per annum.
- Consulting, Sales & Marketing, and BFSI held the major share of top segments as per the roles offered.
- KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers shared the title of top-recruiters.
Various companies chose XLRI to add to their team that will help their business grow. Some of them include Myntra, Arga Investment Company, Diageo, MH Alshaya, Delhivery, JCB, Thoucentric, Tolaram Group, Welspun, Varroc, CK Birla, and Power Finance Corporation among others.
Sector-wise recap of XLRI Final Placement 2020
General Management Sector:
Top recruiters from general management were Reliance Industries, Xiaomi, RPG, Hinduja, Tata Group, Capgemini ELITE, ACT, Aditya Birla Group, Mahindra, and others.
Consulting firms nullified the speculation of economic slowdown and extended offers to 26 percent of the candidates. Top recruiters from consulting were McKinsey & Co., Deloitte, PwC, EY, KPMG, Bain & Co., The Boston Consulting Group, Korn Ferry, Vector Group, Everest Group, Accenture Strategy, AON, Thoucentric Consulting, Infosys, and others.
As far as IT and e-commerce segment is considered conglomerates like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Flipkart, Ola, Media.net, Oyo Rooms, Tech Mahindra, HCL, TCS, EXL, and others participated in the process.
Firms like ICICI, Power Finance Corporation, Belden, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase, Standard Chartered, Edelweiss, Avendus Capital, Shannonside Capital, Goldman Sachs, among others were part of the XLRI final placements 2020.
Pharmaceutical giants such as AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Cipla, Dr. Reddy’s, offered lucrative packages, reinstating their trust in students. Firms like Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Colgate Palmolive, P&G, Asian Paints, and Samsung ruled the FMCG sector. Automotive leaders Maruti, Bajaj, and JCB also participated in the final placement drive.
XLRI Jamshedpur continues to live up to its legacy worth many decades. And its students continue to elevate the Schools status on every front.