Greetings from FinShiksha!
Trust you are doing well and enjoying your summer internship.
To make this journey more interesting, We have come up with a competition on Industry Analysis which will test your skills on in-depth analysis of Industry, a skill that is useful for aspirants who wish to build a career in Finance. (This is only for 2016-18 Batch and onward Batch Students)
The purpose of this competition is two-fold
- This is a unique and powerful experience that will test your ability to evaluate real-world industry and problems within the same. Evaluation will be done by experienced people from the Industry. This will act as a sort of live project.
- Insights can be used in summer internship project as you can choose sector in which you are pursuing your job/internship.
Important Points to Note –
- Competition will have One Round.
- Date of Final Submission is 16th May 2017.
- You have to choose an Industry from below specified Industries only.
- You can use MS PowerPoint (PPT) format to submit your findings. You can have maximum of 20 Slides (including Appendix).
- Entry is free for anyone who wishes to participate.
- There is no deadline for enrolment. One can enrol any time and can participate.
- Enrolment can be done through Dare2Compete.
- This is an Individual Event. You can't take part in this competition by making teams.
Industry to choose from :
- Power Sector
- Speciality Chemical Sector
- Insurance Sector
- Non Ferrous Metals Sector
- Logistics Sector
- Airline Industry
- Hotels Industry
- Hospital Industry
- Textile Industry
- Originality of Thoughts (any kind of plagiarism will result in straight disqualifcation). If you are using data from somewhere, mention and attribute the source.
- Understanding of Numbers - Both Domestic and Global, around the industry.
- Atleast one Company Analysis within the Industry.
- Depth of Research Analysis
- Example: If you say, Telecom Industry is growing by 15%, then in our opinion, this is just an observation and not analysis. You should focus on what are the factors which will drive this Industry to grow at same percentage, if any. Or factors which will drive that it will grow at a lesser or higher percentage.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Participant need to submit presentation by said deadline to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there an entry fee?
- No, There's no entry fee.
How do I choose my Sector?
- Ideally you should choose a sector which you are not familiar with. This will help you to utilize your time to expand your horizon and research.
- If you working with a particular company as a part of your Summer Internship, then you can choose that sector as well as it will help you to make your summer internship more fruitful.
Why is FinShiksha doing this?
- We get to hear different original perspectives about sectors.
- We get to interact with students and help them understand about how industry analysis works in real life, in the industries we intend to build a career in.
First Prize : Cash Rs. 10,000
Second Prize : Cash Rs. 5,000
Third, Fourth and Fifth Prize: FinShiksha's course on Applied Macroeconomics worth Rs. 5,000