Making realty, a reality for all
The typical Indian city skyline is dotted with cranes. Towering high-rises have become an integral part of the urban landscape. Real estate developers are delivering properties that seem like engineering marvels. However, a significant proportion of the Indian diaspora does not have adequate housing. Every family needs a roof over their heads. Realty can make “affordable housing” a reality. The SREI Infrastructure club at Indian School of Business offers an opportunity for students to grasp such emerging trends by interacting with industry experts, conducting site visits and attending relevant seminars and conferences.
Sponsored by SREI, the Infrastructure club in collaboration with the Consulting club is organizing its flagship Business Plan competition – Building Blocks. This contest has been designed to ensure that participants learn to utilize a demographic trend and turn it into a viable business opportunity with a social cause. The contest finalists shall be hosted at the ISB campus where participants will have the privilege to interact with industry experts as well as the entire Real Estate and Infrastructure community at ISB.Event Guidelines and Rules
- Event is open to all national B-school students.
- Allowable team size: 3 per team.
- There is no limit on the number of teams that can participate from a single institute, however, no student from such an institute can be part of more than one team.
- One team cannot have members from different institutes.
- A team may comprise of 1st year or 2nd year students and/or a mix of both.
- All decisions regarding eligibility and final judgment shall rest with the Advaita team.
- The format and rules of events are subject to change before the start of the event.
- Teams selected for the final round will be provided accommodation and intra-city travel facility by ISB.
- Any supplementary information meant for the teams shall be communicated directly to the team via email.
- Screening Round:Registered teams shall receive a problem statement post-registration, basis which statement they shall submit a one-page write up reflecting a strategic approach to the problem statement, addressing all the expectations listed out in the problem statement.
- Final Round:Five teams shall be shortlisted for the final round from the screening round. The final round shall be conducted in two phases entailing an online submission of a report in the first phase and a final presentation at ISB in the second phase. The timelines for each of the phases are listed above in the sub- section titled ‘Important Dates’.
Real Estate and Infrastructure Consulting