“The slower but consistent tortoise causes less waste and is more desirable than the speedy hare that races ahead and then stops occasionally to doze”~Taiichi Ohno
How effective are your distribution strategies? And how well do you manage your operations? Modus Operandi puts you right into the shoes of an Operations Manager. While uncertain demands stare at you in the horizon, the onus is on you to make the right operations strategy to achieve maximum profits for your company.
The contestants will be provided with a challenging and stimulating case, which requires them to analyze the scenario, formulate operations related strategic decisions on the real time problems being faced by the company, by providing innovative, sustainable and implementable solutions. Put on your thinking hats and bring out the operations strategist in you.
Round 1: Online Quiz; published on dare2compete. The quiz will contain questions that challenge the general fundamentals in operations management. This is an elimination round.
Round 2: The shortlisted teams will be provided with an operational case challenge. He teams will have to provide solutions to the case. This is an online submission round. This is also an elimination round and there will be another shortlist.
Final Round – Presentation round (at DMS, IIT Delhi): The shortlisted teams will be invited to present their solution to judges.
- The event is open only to B-school students pursuing MBA.
- The team should comprise of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 members from the same institute. Teams can be a mix of both 1st and 2nd year students. Any number of teams can participate from an institute.
- A participant cannot be a part of more than one team for this event.
- Candidates must register on dare2compete and follow our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/parivartandmsiitdelhi/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel for updates
- No change in team structure will be entertained after registration of the team.
- The decisions of the organizers of the contest will be final and binding on all the participants.
- The organizers reserve the right to any changes to the rules and regulation.
- The format and structure of events are subject to change before the actual beginning of the event.
- Violation of the Eligibility criteria will automatically disqualify a team and bar it from participating in the event
Round 1: Quiz
- Quiz Window: 24-Jan-2017 (9:00 pm to 9:30 pm)
- No submissions would be accepted after 9:30:00 pm
- Quiz Duration: 00:30:00 hrs.
- Total Number of Questions: 30
- Questions will appear one by one
- There is no negative marking
- The questions revolve around the basic concepts in operations
- Only Team Leader, person who registered the team, will be able to play the quiz
- You'll be able to browse through the questions
- You'll not be able to modify your answers post submission
Round 2: Case Study
- Round 2 constitutes Operations Case Challenge
- The result of the quiz will be communicated directly to the participants via their registered mail.
- The decisions of the organizers of the contest will be final and binding on all the participants
- Participants need to submit presentation of the solution to the case study
QUESTIONS & COMMENTS
- Please address your questions to the representatives and organisers of Modus Operandi.
- Modus Operandi, Parivartan 2017, DMS IIT Delhi honors the confidentiality of all participants and their business plans and ideas. All judges and mentors associated with the competition also recognize the sensitivity of the plans being presented.
- The Modus Operandi 2017 Organizing Team may publicize the names and associations of judges and mentors associated in the evaluation rounds of the competition. However, the individual contact information for such judges will neither be disclosed, nor be sought by any of the teams.
- No participating team may under any circumstances attempt to contact a judge during evaluation stages of the competition. Any such behavior will result in the disqualification of the team from the competition.
Prizes worth Rs. 40,000/- for the prize winners
Certificates will be given to all the participating finalists.
Shubham Garg: +91-7574834897
Chintan Vyas: +91-9998022960
Himanshu Agarwal: +91-9868002603
Bhargav Jakharia: +91-9033393331