SPECTRUM is one of the most important events of Cognizance 2017, and also the flag ship event of the Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee organized by the Operazione- the operations club, where participants will get an opportunity to showcase their talent On the Spot in the field of Operations and Supply Chain Management. The event Spectrum consists of a game named "Beer Game" which is a simulated supply chain game.
About the Beer Game
Former Professors of MIT Sloan School of Management invented the “Beer Distribution Game” to elucidate the key principles of supply chain management in early 1960s. The game is a simulation of a simple supply chain that trades cases of beer.
Core lesson of the Beer Distribution Game is to understand the distribution side dynamics. A multi-echelon supply chain with prohibited communication among the players and with only one person who knows the exact customer demand will lead to an effect so called bullwhip effect.
The bullwhip effect often occurs in forecast-based distribution channels where customer orders may create heavy fluctuations within the supply chain of a distribution channel. The supply chain is a complete integrated value-added chain that begins with a factory and continues with a regional warehouse, a wholesale house and finishes with a retail house.
Objective of The Game
The objective of the game is to keep least inventory and increase the individual profits. The team having the maximum profit for the overall supply chain will be the winner.
The Beer Game
1. Each member needs to register on the COGNIZANCE website also. This will generate a unique Cogni ID.
2. The Team Leader (which you will select yourself) needs to login into the website through his username and password.
3. Go to departmental events and select 'Department of Management Studies'. The 'Spectrum' event page has tab 'Register' to register the team for the event.
4. This will generate your Team ID and a mail shall be sent to the Email ID of the team leader about the registration.
5. The Teams Who have registered on both COGNIZANCE website and Dare2Compete can only participate in the event.
|Name||Email Id||Contact No.|
Indian Institute Of Management (IIM), Kashipur